Friday, October 28, 2005

Who Loved Who First?

I John 4:19 says that "We love because he first loved us."

Many struggle and lack the power to change because they are blinded to God's love. I have had friends turn on me. Parents fail me. Relationships disappoint me. Yet one thing is for sure. God loves me and His love for me will never fail.

The crazy thing about it is... He loved me even when I hated him.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

In a few verses before this one, it says that we were actually enemies of God while we were sinners. God doesn't wait for us to get our act together before he loves us. No! He loves us and what's us to come to him as we are... broken in sin. Then His love will transform our lives and revolutionize us.

The power of changed life is God's love demonstrated through his grace and mercy.

The more your realize how Great his love for you is... the more you will want to love him back!


Download the audio file Who Loved Who First? to hear a two minute devotional on experiencing God's Love.

No comments: